Sunday, February 20, 2011

Greetings from Austin St.

Happy Saturday! Sitting on my dinner table are 126 cupcakes. Tomorrow the Praise Team will honor Jeremy and Adeline Brewer with a baby shower. Their baby girl is due in Mid-March. Addie is a young lady from Malaysia who obtained her American citizenship this past year. There are still many American customs she has to experience and a baby shower is one of them. So the first baby shower she attends will be her own. It will be a fun event! The Brewers and baby Asia are in for a delightful afternoon.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for entrusting me with the gospel. I am blessed to be Your child. As I live today, I ask that You shine the good News through me. Place me in situations where I can reflect the light of Jesus. Grant me wisdom and boldness to be faithful with the witness. Make my life fruitful this day. In Jesus’ name. Amen”

John 1: 7-8 “This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.”

God came into our lives through the life of Jesus. God also came into our lives by invitation. He has always been there waiting for each of His children to invite Him into relationship through Jesus Christ. He is an abiding God. God remains whether we invite or not, but God is not pushy- eternally persistent, but not pushy.

When we came into relationship with God through Jesus, God’s very Word made flesh, He flooded His light into each of us through His loving heart so filled with grace and forgiveness. John was given a special insight into this relationship. He knew who Jesus was before the rest of the world. And He was given the task of sharing the good news of Jesus and drawing others into fellowship with Him. John knew he was not the light, but he certainly knew the source of the light.

We are given the same task as John. As believers in Jesus we are called to carry the gospel out into the world. We can carry the gospel through speaking God’s Word, praying with others, showing grace in action in helping someone when they are in need(and we don’t have to wear a camel hair suit and eat locusts!) As a future pastoral care giver, it is my prayer that the light of Christ will be reflected in me as I carry the gospel to people in their time of greatest need.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other remembering that each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you all and see you in worship. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: