Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: “Father, as I begin the day, I ask that You do in me what is required to make me holy. I confess that there is no good thing in me. However, I am confident that Jesus can produce in me the spirit and practice of holiness. I rest today in that assurance. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Romans 6: 22 “Now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.”

Tonight’s meditation held a wonderful epiphany for each of us, “The Lord Jesus received is holiness begun; the Lord Jesus cherished is holiness advancing; the Lord Jesus counted upon as never absent would be holiness complete.” As believers we need to live out our lives clear in the knowledge that without Christ we can do nothing. The world tells us that we are to work and strive to accomplish goals. The goals the world would have us accomplish will have only temporary meaning and time. The world tells us that we must be the best, have the most, be the fastest, be the strongest, the most beautiful and have the world chant our name.

But God says our eternal value is in holiness. Holiness is an eternal accomplishment that never ends. Our holiness will reap eternal rewards as we work in the kingdom here on earth. There is no need to be the best or have the most because God calls us His children. The highest place we will ever be is at the feet of the Father.

Holiness is achieved by staying at the feet of the Father and faithfully walking in the abiding grace and love of Christ in our lives. The interesting thing about this achieving holiness is that we do not work and strive for holiness. We rest in the love of God through the life and death of Jesus Christ. We remember that Christ is sufficient to make us holy. We are made holy as we live our lives resting and believing in Christ and faithfully living in His Word.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us lift each other up in prayer daily remembering that each of us is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Please pray for the educators in the state of Texas as they face major changes in the challenges of teaching in the near future. gc

No comments: