Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Monday and Happy valentine’s Day!

We attended the induction ceremony with Geni for the Kappa Delta Pi Educators National Honor Society on Sunday afternoon. Needless to say there were a few proud tears from this mom, lots of pictures taken by a very proud Dad and a beautiful daughter who will make an exceptional teacher. It was a wonderful ceremony. As we sat in the ballroom during the ceremony I found myself giving thanks for so many things; for Geni who has worked so hard, for those new educators and how hard it is going to be to get a job in Texas in the fall and for God to just let Casey peek down on his sister and share this moment with the rest of us. He would have been so proud.

Prayer; “Father, as I begin the day, I submit myself to You. I open my life to Your Word. I accept it as true and ask You to produce fruit in me. Do not allow me to harden my heart or be distracted by the cares of the world. I choose to focus my life on Jesus. In His name I pray. Amen”

Mark 4: 20 “These are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the Word, accept it and bear fruit some thirty fold—some sixty—and some a hundred.”

Okay, it is so nice to be thawing out. The jury is still out on the plants on my porch as to whether they survived the cold winter weather. We placed a blanket over them on the cold days and nights and watered them periodically. Time will tell. Hopefully the soil survived the winter blast and extreme cold. The plants were beautiful in the spring, survived the summer heat and did well in the fall.

Our care during the cold will hopefully prevent the death of these plants. As Christians we must take care of the soil of our souls year round. We must blanket ourselves in God’s Word. As we enrich our souls with the Word we are called in the scriptures to hear it, accept it as true and then act on it by bearing the fruit it produces. This process can only occur if we allow the life giving Spirit of God to flow through us and open our hearts to receive this Word and be taught by it. We need to read it, listen to it, meditate on it and pray that God will reveal its meaning to us. When God reveals the meaning of His Word to us through study and prayer then we must bear that fruit to those in need.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another in prayer each day remembering that everyone fights some sort of battle each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: