Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Monday!

Please pray for each educator in the state of Texas and our legislature. Our principal began the staff meeting today with the following words, “The news is not good…”

Prayer: “Father, thank You for another day to live and bring You glory. Help me this day to be like Your Son who bore witness to the truth. In my life, in all I do and say, may others see Jesus in me and hear about Jesus from me. In His name I pray, Amen”

John 18: 37 “Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

In most school buildings right now there is a sense of sadness, anger, and utter bewilderment as to the state of affairs of the state and local budgets. Job losses are imminent and it is just hard for all those involved. I am retiring this year so this does not affect me directly, but I still see the hurt in the eyes of friends who may be without jobs in the fall. I have been praying to be able to help in some way. I have asked God to place me with someone who is in need of a listening ear.

Today, God placed me in the path of a colleague who is so very angry and seems to have nothing in her heart but anger, hurt and bitterness. I have begun to practice a new strategy when faced with someone who is so upset. It is to whisper the name “Jesus.” When I whisper the name of Jesus then God can speak through me and bring about the words this hurting child of God needs to hear. I have learned that what I say as Gaylene would be a poor second at best, but when I call upon Jesus then the words He wishes this one to hear may come from my lips, but I lay no claim on them as they are from the Father. I used this today when I met her. After this brief encounter she seemed a bit more peaceful. This is a practice that will take some time to become a habit, but it is one I am definitely to try to make a part of my daily living.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your payers. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer as each of us is fighting some type of battle. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Gaylene.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: