Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Lord, thank You for another day to live. Help me to make an eternal investment in someone’s life this very day. Help me introduce someone to You. Empower me to encourage a fellow believer in Christ. I am ready, Lord! Use me for Your glory. Amen.”

Proverbs 8: 17-19 “I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me. Riches and honor are with me, enduring riches and righteousness . My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold, and my revenue than choice silver.”

Each morning I listen to a brief devotional as I drive to work. I usually listen to it three times and each time I listen the same message is spoken; “Christ alone.”

The more we willingly surrender each part of our lives over to the lordship of Jesus the more we begin to take on the characteristics and excellence of our Creator. The more we seek Jesus the more we learn and begin to love as He loves and act as He would have us act. The scripture passage offers words of hope and assurance that clearly states that if we seek God we will find God.

Right now there are so many people who are uncertain about their futures. And I am thinking about all of the educators in Texas who do not know whether they are a part of the budget cuts or not. Included in that number are those who know they are being cut and don’t know how they will financially provide for themselves or their families. This passage speaks precious words of assurance of God to be present if we seek Him. God is greater than our uncertainties, our doubts, our fears and God never breaks His promises. We were created by an eternal God of love, we are sustained by forgiveness and grace given by Jesus and we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit no matter what life places in our laps.

Trust in the power of God’s Word and in the assurance of His love.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to lift one another in prayer throughout these day and the days to come remembering that everyone is fighting some sort of battle. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: