Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Worship was awesome this morning. The Holy Spirit moved and inspired our worship as we sang, listened to the Word read and preached, as we prayed and clapped. Praise God for worship this day!

Matthew 20:27 “And whoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.”

This morning as I was walking up the sidewalk toward the sanctuary there was a gentleman walking up the same sidewalk. He was new to our congregation. I greeted him and told him we were glad to have him this morning and hoped he would have a great worship experience. After worship began we had a brief time of sharing the peace with each other (sort of a hug-a-thon). One of our members asked me if I knew if the new visitor was Hispanic as she wanted to greet him in Spanish. Later, after worship had ended, he asked how could he join the “singing.” He meant the Praise Team. I told him to be there at 7:15 on Wednesday night.

How awesome that God worked through our worship today and welcomed this stranger warmly enough that he felt comfortable enough to ask if he could join a group after his first visit. I overheard Pastor Joel inviting him to Bible Study during the week.

One of the things that drew our family to Advent was the way we were greeted on our first visit. We knew no one at Advent and yet these total strangers greeted and welcomed us so warmly that we knew we were meant to stay. We found a home because God had placed a spirit of hospitality in the hearts of the members of Advent.

Part of our servanthood is to greet one another with a sign of peace and hospitality no matter where we are or who we meet. Jesus welcomed the crowds no matter how large or small and greeted individuals with a sign of peace and taught His disciples to do the same. We are His disciples. Let us welcome all who are in need of a home in which to worship and a family in which to become a part. Remember when we serve others and welcome others we serve Christ and invite Him into the fellowship we share with others.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: