Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Matthew 3:15 “ But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.”

Matthew 5: 17, 18 “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No I came to accomplish their purpose. (18) I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.”

Today I had a meeting scheduled for 4:00. The person with whom I was meeting did not arrive and I received a phone call telling me that her mother died only earlier today. At dismissal time today we were told that Mrs. Brown, the woman who used to clean our classrooms, had also died today. She collapsed at her church Sunday, fell into a coma and passed away today. My prayers, joined with yours, are with these two families as they have lost their mothers.

Jesus came to earth in human form to share in all of the aspects of human lives. Jesus knew how it felt to lose friends in death. Jesus shared in the sufferings and difficulties of mankind. My meditation tonight spoke of the way of sorrows walked with Christ is a path kept sacred and secret for His nearest and dearest. I thought of Mrs. Brown as she faithfully cleaned our classrooms each day. When one of us was still working in our room, as she cleaned she witnessed for Christ. She loved the Lord, her children and her church. She had such a servant’s heart and never missed an opportunity to share the love of Christ. She sang in the choir, served with the ushers and was involved in service all the time. She kept her children close and taught them the ways of service and a love for God. She is a dear soul who will be missed by her children and the family at her church. So today if heaven is all of the best parts of our life here on earth then I can see her in a white suit with matching gloves organizing worship, collecting offerings, singing praises to God and sharing with the other citizens of heaven about the love of God.

Since the path of sorrows is one that only Christ can lead us through, will He find us among His nearest and dearest? Will we be privy to the sacred knowledge that only comes in earthly death? Or do we become one of the nearest and dearest when we surrender our sinful lives over to the forgiving and healing grace given so freely through Jesus’ death on the cross? May we share the love of Christ with others and walk the path of sorrows with others who are near and dear to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Man of Sorrows.

Even in sorrow, let us take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: