Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Monday!

Was it a stunningly gorgeous day or what!? I wore a jacket and real shoes to school. I noticed that today most people had a spring in their step and seemed to have more energy than they have for a while. God’s handiwork was in full view today and, praise God, He granted us the grace to be witness to the plan He put in place.

Isaiah 9:7 “Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end.”

God’s love for us is limitless. As we open up more of ourselves to receiving grace, God’s power increases. We walk in union with Him when His power and strength quietly flows through us throughout each day. The limitless love of God is comfort, help, guidance miracle-working power. The power of God within each of us brings peace.

The more we come to understand God through studying the Word, praying, worshiping and serving, the more His strength increases within us, His children. “His power to save increases as our power to understand God’s salvation grows in each of us.”

When I have thought about the word “government” in this passage I have always thought in terms of God’s Kingdom and His reign. But then I began to think about God governing our lives in limitless ways and increasing Himself within each one of us who believe. If we allow God to strengthen and govern our lives we must answer His call to ministry. Our call is to tell someone else about how richly God has blessed our lives and about His love for us which has no end. If we tell others about our relationship with God then His government increases and there shall be no end. We then continue to fulfill scriptures just as the prophets of old.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: