Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Saturday!

I spent the day in grading papers and posting grades on a new computerized grading system. Bruce was in Wichita Falls at the final meeting prior to the Kairos weekend. Geni was at a reading conference and Travis went to work. I ask your prayers for the 42 brothers in white, the inside team that brings in the gospel, the outside team that prepares all of the meals, prays and prepares the simple gifts the men receive, all of the cookie bakers, letter writers and prayers. May the gospel enter the walls of this facility and into the hearts of the brothers so that they may learn that they are never alone and that their sins are forgiven.

Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

1John 4: 18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love.”

God calls us to come unto Him all of us who have labored and He will give us rest. I began to think about this passage and I did not think about physical labor. I began to think about all of the stuff that we carry around that weighs us down. The anger, the bitterness, the grudges, the worry the hatred, and more than anything else the fear; more things than I have mentioned that weigh us down - more than unpaid bills, disease, leaky roofs and joblessness combined. In these two simple lines of God’s Word, God reminds us to be sure of His Help, and, when we are weighed down by so many things, to find rest in Him. When we come unto God for rest, we don’t just sit down for tea, but stay a while until we have been restored. Rest in God knows no fear. Rest in God knows no want. Rest in God is strong and sure. Let us come to God when we are weighed down and rest. We can rest when we surrender all that weighs us down to the One who has asked for all that causes us to labor.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for one another each day. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Go Frogs!

No comments: