Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Today was a busy day in the Chrystie household. Bruce went to Wichita Falls for prayer and share with Kairos. Geni and Travis went to Grapefest where they said it was sooooo crowded and soooo hot! And I made a delicious bacon sweet potato biscuit today and graded papers.

Psalm 91:1 “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”

Psalm 17:8 “Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of Your wings.”

A friend of mine today share with me that the doctor suspects that she may have leukemia. This is a friend I have had for many years. I was saddened by this piece of news and her family is sad and scared. They are waiting for final test results that should be arriving early in the week. I think living in a place of unknowns is harder that living with what is for sure. I remember when the doctors told Casey that it was a mass on his hip, he was relieved. At least at that point in time he knew what was causing the pain and the swelling and that cause could be treated.

I left my friend today with a hug and a prayer. As I was walking to the car I remembered this scripture and prayed it for my friend and her family. I know that she is a woman of faith and I am praying that her family will gather closer to her in support and find closeness to God. When news like this is given it is like being hit with a size 12 boot right in the pit of your stomach. This news causes you not to be able to breathe well, sleep, eat and even carry on a conversation because the word cancer takes over every thought you have.

God gives us a place to hide and be protected. God gives us His Word as a place for us to dwell. God’s Word is not just a place to pop in and out of, God wants us to dwell with Him in His Word and find a place of real abiding. When we dwell with God we take up residence and God stays put with us and covers us with His wings just like that mother hen hides her babies protectively under her wings keeping them safe from harm and allowing them to rest. The shelter of God’s Word is always there for us and we can always go there to find “rest unto our souls.” The journey may not be one of ease, but the journey is never traveled alone.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in worship! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: