Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Friday!

Go Frogs!! The TCU Horned Frogs defeated the SMU Mustangs tonight. We are proudly displaying our TCU Flag outside tonight. We do bleed a bit purple around here at 811.

John 6: 68 “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”

Matthew 16: 15, 16 “But whom say you that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the son of the living God.”

The wisest educator I have ever known once told me “Gaylene, you can’t teach children unless you have their attention.” Keeping and holding the attention of 20 six year olds during the day is a task that is always challenging at best. But I tell them that if they will listen and pay attention I promise they will learn. I also tell them that they must work very hard in working through their lessons and then practice outside of school as well as in the classroom. If the children pay attention and listen then they will be prepared for the next years schooling. For a first grader, the ultimate goal is second grade. I sort of tell them “Learn of me".

God in His Word tells us the same thing. God tells us, “Learn of Me.” There are teachers in this world, but God is the Master Teacher. God is the one Who gives us the lessons of Eternal Life. These Words of Eternal Life shape our faith and guide our earthly life in preparation to be received into the Kingdom of Heaven eternally. God’s Word is our textbook to moving forward in our faith and preparing us for the next steps in our lives and furthering the kingdom here on earth with the goal being the eternal Kingdom of Heaven.

I am sure God feels the same way about teaching us as I feel about teaching first graders in that I must pay attention in order to learn. I have begun having a brief devotion upon arrival at school and a time of meditation and reflection just before going to sleep. Beginning my day with God and ending my day with God helps me to pay attention between those times to always remind me of who I am, Whose I am and all of the learning I still have to do.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: