Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Monday!

John 15: 11 “These things have I spoken to you…that your joy might be made full.”

Psalm 16: 11 “You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”

I love passages about joy. I remember the day I decided that somehow I was going to try to find some joy in the daily situations of life whether ordinary or extraordinary. I was at MD Anderson Hospital and there was very little going right. Casey was so terribly sick, we were homesick, Geni had been involved in a car accident, the bills were piling up and I was really stressed. I walked out of the room and walked the pod. The nurses were all in patient rooms and it was just me in the empty nurses’ pod. I remember stopping somewhere and saying out loud that I was tired of being hammered by Satan. So I stood toe to toe with Satan and said, “You have no power here so stop!” As soon as I pronounced Satan without power, God stepped in and restored my joy. From that night on I have signed off on each email with the phrase, “Take joy in the journey.”

Jesus’ disciples walked in the truths that Jesus taught them and gave them overflowing joy. The Word tells us that Joy is of God, joy in its fullest. We, like the disciples, need to live, love, laugh and delight ourselves in the Lord.

We need to seek joy as if it is a hidden treasure. Sometimes joy hides itself from us and is hard to find. I found that joy was being blocked by Satan’s lies and deceit. Once I told Satan to get out of the way then God revealed Himself in the Word that there is joy in Him. As long as I keep my eyes and my faith focused on Jesus, the joy of the Lord will be the strength I need.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: