Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Thursday!

This week has really flown by. Today, after school Geni invited me to walk the arts district in Fort Worth and enjoy educator day. The museums had a fabulous array of information, open displays and great food. I watched Geni walk through the different museums and collect their information and I was reminded of me when I first began my teaching career. Where has the time gone? It is a lot of fun to share in her experiences as she begins the last of her college career and begins to look to a professional career of her own.

James 4:8 “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.”

Kames 1:17 “Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.”

When we enter into relationship with God through Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit, God remains with us. His nearness is always with us. This nearness affords us the security of calling on Him in every circumstance. We need to remember God’s presence is a near as our next breath. We don’t even need to speak the problem for God already knows our needs far better than we do ourselves. We can take the help supplied by God through our faith and be comforted and be joyful in His nearness. It is His nearness that brings sweetness into our lives. Never fear and never lose heart. Call upon God and rest in His presence. Growing a friendship with Christ will transform the condition from a struggle and challenge into a victory and bring harmony back into our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: