Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Friday!

Waiver day at school; no students, but teachers are in training and meetings all day!

Genesis 24:27 “Blessed be the Lord God of my master Abraham…I bring in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master’s family.”

Show us Your way, O Lord, and let us walk in Your paths.”

If we are walking in obedience then we are walking the path of the Lord. Even if we don’t know the way and the road causes our feet to stumble and fall, it is the way of God.

Tonight I received an email from a woman in the synod office. She told me to email a gentleman and let him know where I was in the candidacy process. I was emailing someone I did not know and who does not know me. This is the man that will schedule the next interview in the candidacy process. This interview will be a one-on-one. I know it may sound silly but I was a bit nervous in writing the email. Here was my first correspondence with this gentleman and even though it was a simple request, I wrote a short, simple email introducing myself, letting him know where I was in the process and requested the interview. I went through several drafts before I settled on just the right words.

It was my prayer that I would send the right message with this simple letter. This gentleman is a part of my future as a candidate for ministry in the Lutheran church and I very much want to say and write the right things to be read and to say. God says to put all fear aside and believe that we will be led to the right people, do the right thing and hopefully say the right things at the right time. He calls us to believe that we will be shown the way if we but ask. God is not One who would lie or go back on His Word. So the next time we are on a bumpy road or uncertain of which path to take, stop and pray, then listen for God’s clear direction. God will answer, stay the course, turn right, left or begin again. He has promised!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other daily. Have a great weekend. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: