Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

What a long day! It began with tutoring at 7:15 a.m., teaching all day and Open House from 6:00 till 7:00, then dinner out. I did not get home until about 9:45. It took lots of hard work to prepare for Open house throughout the day, but well worth it as nearly all of the families in my classroom came to visit. I am just a bit tired at this writing.

Praise God moment: the little boy, Tucker, whom I have asked you to pray for in the recent weeks is back at school. He looks really wonderful and seems to be glad to be back with the kids. Today in the moment of silence I gave thanks to God for His healing grace for this precious child and his family.

Mark 9:24 “Lord, I believe, help me in my unbelief.”

I have a student who, when faced with a new task or one he believes at a first glance he cannot accomplish frequently says, “I can’t do this. I can’t do this.” He sort of goes into panic mode and shuts down and cannot even get pencil to paper. I have learned that when these times come for him, I tell him do the best he can and then we will work on it together just him and me. Then, after the reminder of the class has completed the assignment, I bring the student to my table and we complete the task and he is better. The point I am trying to make is that he is learning to count on me to help him when the pace gets a bit too fast or beyond his perceived ability to successfully complete the assignment. It is my hope as we continue in our relationship as teacher and student that he will begin to believe in himself more and remember that I am there to help him.

Just as my student cries out when he is in trouble, he is learning that I will help him and guide him through. The cry of the human heart is uttered when we feel the situation is out of our control and we are unsure of our own abilities. Our souls cry out to the Father of all creation because he knows us better than anyone. We know the Father as Helper and Savior and the more we call upon Him we learn to call Him Savior. It is when we do not call on Him that we fall short of absolute trust in Him. When we cry out we cry out in faith and our cries to God in faith release more of God’s Power into our lives. This is the path we are encouraged to walk as we journey with God throughout our lives. As we trustingly cry out to God we begin to conquer our unbelief and draw nearer to God. We believe that God will be there to help us. We sort of spiritually breathe as we call on God in the name of Jesus and pray in the power of the Holy Spirit. We breathe out our cry and breathe in the Holy Spirit. God is with us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us continue to pray for each other each day. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: