Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Monday!

Song of Solomon 1:3 “Because of the savor of Your good ointments You name is as ointment poured out.”

“Mama’s here. Mama’s here.” Ladies, if you have children, how many times have you said this simple sentence? When your children were hurt with skinned knees, broken bones or broken hearts, those words acted like a soothing balm to help heal the hurt and soothe the soul. It is at those times that we would gladly take on the pain and the hurt ourselves to save our child from further hurt or sadness.

The name Jesus acts in similar fashion. The name of Jesus is the Power that turns evil away and calls goodness to come to our aid. Spirits of evil flee at the name of Jesus. And at the name of Jesus, when we are experiencing our greatest and deepest sorrows, the balm of peace and comfort is there for us. We can call the name of Jesus out loud or we can simply use the silence of our hearts and it will change the tension around us into an atmosphere of peace and love. As the song says, “Above His name there is no other name.” No other name holds power as does the name of Jesus. So let us call on the name of Jesus and when we need help in time of need or just to tell Him how much we love Him. (I’ll bet He likes that one best!)

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: