Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Psalm 31: 19 “Oh how great is the goodness You have stored up for those who fear You. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the world.”

What a psalm of praise and thanksgiving for our God! The writer of this psalm claims the goodness of God and uses the wonderful adjective “lavish” to express how completely and extravagantly God comes to our aid when we ask for protection. It reminds me of the 23rd Psalm and the phrase “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” God takes care of His own to show the enemy, Satan himself, that he cannot have what belongs to the living God. God’s keeping power is present at all times not just as shelter from the storm but as security that He is the shelter. When we doubt and fear then we are not living in a loving relationship and resting in the shelter. What we must practice is saying repeatedly, “All is well.” The old song says, “Whatever my lot, You have caused me to say; It is well with my soul.” As a musician I was raised with the phrase, “practice makes perfect.”

Friends, make time to practice. Find time to pray even if it is just a sentence or two. A sentence or two throughout the day can add up to one amazingly enhanced prayer life. Take shelter in the Lord and repeat, “All is well.”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you; please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Bruce and I will not be in worship at Advent tomorrow. We will be attending the ordination of a friend into the ministry of the Greek Orthodox Church. All I know about the Greek Orthodox Church is what I learned on “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” The service is 2-3 hours long and I think we stand a lot. It will be a day for flats! I will bring a full report. Peace, gc

No comments: