Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Jeremiah 17:14 “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for you are my praise.”

I have been asked to lead part of the Summer Women’s Bible Study at our church later this month. The study is on prayer. I was working on it today and then I read this verse and meditation tonight.

What an amazing affirmation of faith this verse holds. Jeremiah is not begging or pleading his case. He is claiming the awesome power of God to heal and the salvation of the Lord. All Jeremiah did was call. After he made the call then he said “You are my praise.” Jeremiah claimed victory in the name of the Lord over his healing and salvation. The moment Jeremiah called on God was the moment of His coming. Or as Forrest Gump said during a storm at sea, “God showed up!”

I have prayed lots of prayers for healing. I have tearfully prayed with a mother’s heart and begged for the life of my child. I pray for God to save and protect Bruce, Geni and Travis anytime they leave the house. One of my practices of prayer when faced with a really difficult situation is to claim victory in Jesus name and offer praise for the answer God will provide. I believe God hears and answers all prayers. God answers in His time, which is not necessarily our time. When God answers we have to believe it is the best answer for us given by His everlasting love for us and His abundant grace.

So friends, make prayer and communication such a part of your life that you have the faith to believe when you call on God, He will be present with you.

Take joy in the journey! Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you, please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: