Monday, August 2, 2010

Blessed Sunday to you all!

As those of you who read this blog regularly already know, I am in the midst of the candidacy application process for the Lutheran Church(ELCA). I have completed the 19 page Autobiographical Questionnaire. Tomorrow I am going to the church to take two tests which take about 3 hours to complete. I am taking my own coffee (after a stop at Starbucks). I have to be proctored by someone other than a relative, so Pastor Marc has agreed to administer the test and to certify that it was me who took the tests. One is a personality test and one is a test that assesses strengths and weaknesses. I ask your continued prayers as I continue on this journey of faith and service and endurance!

Also, please pray for Geni. She is really stressed over this biology class and her other class as well. It is nearing the end of summer and she is getting tired. Pray for her to endure as the tests are coming more rapid fire at the mid-term time.

Ephesians 2:14 “For He is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us.’

God has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He removed the wall when Jesus came to live on the earth and became the priest between us and God the Father. There is no bond on earth that compares to the union between God and the ones who love God. Our friendship with God is the merging of heart, mind, and will. God seeks out of His love for us a oneness of Him and us.

In the Old Testament only the priests were allowed to achieve this oneness, but Jesus showed us that we could have this oneness with God by believing in the One whom He sent. When we have Oneness with Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit, we have oneness with God the Father Himself.

The psalm we read in church today spoke of God speaking to all who have breath. God’s Word falls on the high and the low, the mighty and the powerless, rich and poor and ALL who have breath. We are all capable of receiving God’s love through His Word. His Word is truth and He is our peace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I pray for you each day, please continue to pray for our family. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: