Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

1 John 5:12 “Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.”

I was raised with the faith expressed by my parents, but at 15 I found a personal relationship with Jesus. Since that time I have been to school, graduated, moved, taught school, married, raised a family and lots of other details and the one abiding presence through all of that life has been the presence of God through the life of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.

I remember when I was in Houston with Casey. I wondered how anyone could ever face something so difficult and life altering as cancer without a faith and, more particularly, a faith in God through Jesus. What I discovered while I was in Houston was that I really could do very little so I had to trust completely on God and His tender mercies. When there was nothing left to do, but just depend on Jesus, then more was accomplished because I got out of the way. It was also during this time that I became firmly convinced that there was nothing that could pluck Casey or me or my family out of His hand, even though Satan did his best work in trying to separate us from the love of God. Eternal life means security not just for when we meet Jesus face to face in glory, but as we walk this earth in service to God in following the godly life modeled by Jesus.

Life happens every day and the good news is that God is in the midst of our life. We have the ability to be in constant contact with God through prayer. In prayer we get to know our Savior and Friend more and more. When we seek God’s presence in our lives then we truly have abundant life.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I pray for all of you daily, please pray for our family as well. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: