Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Today I received an email from the Dean of Brite stating that I had been accepted into the Master’s of Divinity Program. I was really excited. The counseling service received the Autobiographical Questionnaire. Tomorrow Bruce and I are meeting with our insurance rep. I have gathered all of the information I know of and hopefully she will be able to assess everything and give me an idea of when I can retire. After this meeting I am going to call the Dean of Brite and make a plan to accomplish this huge degree. I know I ask each day, but I ask your continued prayers as I continue to meld these two very important parts of my life.

1 Kings 12:24 “This is what the Lord says, Do not fight against your relatives, the Israelites. Go back home, for what has happened is My doing!” So they obeyed the message of the Lord and went home, as the Lord had commanded.”

I know this may sound kind of silly, but I began to think through all of these different things that I am involved in and I began to be overwhelmed. Even though I set out a schedule saying that today I am going to accomplish this and tomorrow I am going to accomplish something different, etc…I need to remember that God has set me on this journey. In each thing I plan to do I need to joyfully surrender it to the One I serve and then the task will be a lot less stressful. I know I am meant to learn and to grow, but all of these different elements are just the initiation into the call. It is sort of like joining a club to which you have been invited. Sometimes there are tasks which must be accomplished before you can achieve membership.

When we join the church the pastor offers classes to help us better understand the meanings of the church, how to serve, how to fellowship and how to find ways to connect with others through interest, gifts and talents. This time of initiation is a priceless time to surrender ourselves over to the leading of the Holy Spirit and discern God’s purpose for each of us.

What I and all of us must remember is that we are walking this path in service to God first and to His people. Each of us must learn the lessons of surrender in each of the smallest services we undertake in the name of Jesus. If we remember it is in God we Love and it is in God’s Name we serve then all that is accomplished will be to the glory of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I pray for your each day, please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: