Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Friday!

And Happy Birthday Geni! Geni’s birthday began with a special brunch here at home and then the remainder of the day was spent with friends and family from Allen and Colleyville. From all reports everyone had a great time.

Ephesians 5:18 “Be not drunk with wine to excess, but be filled with the Spirit.”

God created each of us of love for us. God, because of His love for us, desires to spend time with us. Do you find it hard to have time for God? Not just blessing at the table or a quick prayer of thanksgiving, but spend real time with God. Jesus found it not only necessary, but essential to spend time with His Father. Scripture tells us of times when Jesus would get away and pray. Jesus found the need to get away from the noise, the crowds and the disciples and spend time in prayer. He modeled this action by rising early before the household or the disciples were awake. Jesus gave of Himself each and every day of His ministry in teaching, preaching and healing. He was human with a body that tired and he needed rest. Jesus’ way of resting was to rest with His Heavenly Father through prayer and daily renewal.

Years ago when my energy was waning I would reach for a Snickers candy bar and a Diet Coke. And as you can imagine the effect of the sugar energy would quickly go away and I was tired again. God renews us each day. The Holy Spirit continues to dwell with us far longer than my candy bar and diet soda or any energy drink. If we get away for a while and spend time with our Creator, our spirit becomes renewed (and doesn’t pack on pounds!). When we are renewed by the Spirit then we are made ready to be servants in the kingdom. Jesus found it necessary to be renewed daily by the power of the Holy Spirit and spend time with His Father to learn and receive instructions for the day. If Jesus found this so important, who are we to not follow the example He set?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. I am praying for you, please continue to pray for our family. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: