Sunday, May 9, 2010

Blessed Sunday and Happy Mother’s Day!

We had such a wonderful day. After worship we went to Ken and Sheena’s for a rather chilly cook-out. I should have known this would happen. I just packed away the sweaters, hoodies and long sleeves for the summer and wore a flowered print sundress today. Go figure!

1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.”

Humbling your self does not mean to grovel at the feet of God. Humbling yourself does not mean to belittle yourself, but to totally surrender yourself to the One who knows you best. It means doing what you may not want to do and trusting that God will guide and provide what you need and what is best. When we surrender over to God our whole will, our pride, our self-pity and our fear, then God takes over that space that we have filled with all of those ungodly attributes. During this process of surrender we must maintain an attitude of peace when adverse circumstances are upon us. It is not within our power to overcome pride, self-pity and fear. It is only through the power of God’s grace and out of His love for us that these ungodly feelings can be overcome. The verse says to place ourselves under His powerful hand and He will exalt you in His time.

Has it been a long dry spell in your house? Are you facing adversity? Place yourself in the hands of the Father and He will lift you up. God will give you courage and strengthen you to trust Him.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: