Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Happy Wednesday!

This was a picture taken some time ago, but in the same part of the year when the bluebonnets were blooming. We thought you would like to see into the past for a bit.

Tonight the weather was so nice that we ate on the deck. I love to eat on the deck. We seem to spend a bit more time together. Conversation is easy and dinner is fun. Last night I cooked a bourbon peach cobbler with a dumpling crust on the grill. The aroma was amazing.

Matthew 14: 31 “Oh you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

Tonight my meditation gave me some affirmation I really needed to hear. It began with the words, “Turn out all thoughts of doubt and of trouble. Never tolerate them for one second. Bar them as you would protect your home from a thief that would come in and steal.”

Peace, Joy and Rest are such wonderful gifts from God. Worry, doubt and fear can come in and steal and replace them with despair. When we face each day with Joy and Laughter then when the storms of life come, despair is overcome by victory in Jesus’ Name. Peace, Joy and Rest are names of God. Despair is a name Satan uses to try to steal our Joy. Satan is the thief that comes in the darkness because Satan cannot live in the light.

Friends, let us all walk in the Light. When the storm is at its strongest say, “all is well.” When we say “all is well,” then God receives the glory and we receive His grace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS. Mom came out of her cataract surgery in good shape. I talked with her tonight and she sounds just fine. Thank you for your prayers.

PPS. Note from Bruce: Yesterday's post was Gaylene's 500th on this blogsite. It doesn't seem possible when we stop and consider that the blogs were an attempt to communicate Casey's daily condition with concerned friends and family. After Casey left us, we decided to continue to share thoughts and scripture and the ways we deal with our daily life in God's love with our friends and family. We will continue and pray that the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in His sight.

No comments: