Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

In my classroom sitting on my work table is a plastic box covered in mesh netting. Inside the plastic box are four very active Pipe Vine Caterpillars (or calipitters as some of my children say). We feed them pipe vine leaves and they are very busy. However, today, I noticed that one of these little creatures is getting a bit tired and seems to be slowing down a bit. He is looking for a place to spin his chrysalis. The kids are so excited and hang around my table a lot just watching these amazing creations crawl about so quickly and are watching ever so closely for any change to occur. I will keep you posted.

Today Bruce and Travis went to the Bodies exhibit over at the West End in Dallas. They came back regaling Geni and I of tales of their adventure. Forgive me, but as amazing as this exhibit must be…I will pass. There are reasons I did not go into medicine and take anatomy!

Matthew 18: 19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.”

This must be a favored verse of so many. It sounds like a vending machine. You know, agree in prayer on anything and God will send it through the chute and into your hands. If that were true I would be a size two and never have to worry about money ever again. But I just don’t think that is the way God works.

When we pray with another believer there is another party present. God is present when we pray and becomes the third party in the prayer. There is enormous power in prayer with another person. But add God as a prayer partner when two are gathered in His name and friends, that is serious power. God not only is our heavenly Father, creator of the universe and giver of life; God becomes our friend because we spend time in conversation through prayer with Him. Our friendship with God deepens when we invite Him to our prayer time. God listens when we pray and then we must listen to His answer when it is given and on faith accept His answers believing that He knows us best and knows what is best for us.

Everybody goes through storms in their life, but storms seem to be less scary if we have someone with which to walk. There is safety in numbers as the old saying goes, so find a friend to walk with and then invite the perfect friend to walk with you, too.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: