Saturday, May 8, 2010





Happy Saturday evening!

If you read this morning’s entry I shared with you that we were going to the Dallas Farmer’s Market. We had the most amazing time. I got all of the veggies for my veggie tray for lunch and some fresh sweet corn roasting ears. Tonight I sliced and peeled and built what I think(and Bruce concurs)to be a beautiful veggie tray with a center of harvest dill dip. I hope everyone enjoys it. Everything was so fresh.

As we walked, we grazed on the offerings of the veggie and fruit sellers. I thought that this was the most healthy grazing I have ever done. Today there were lots of mangoes, pineapples, watermelons to sample cut right off of the whole fruit. And then we went across the street to the plants and flowers. We bought some beautiful Gerber daisies. It was a wonderful day and the kids even said we needed to come back soon. I agree!!

Isaiah 11:10 “And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse…and His rest shall be glorious.”

Okay, Moms, when was the last time you rested? I mean, had-the-remote- to-yourself,-“Calgon,-take-me-away”-sat-in-a-deck-chair-on-a-cruise-ship-watching-the-sunrise-relaxed-without-a-care-in-the-world rested? I know…this kind of rest rarely happens to Moms. We are busy people. Most of us are employed outside our homes. We volunteer somewhere. We take care of our homes and our families and when do we take care of us?

There is a wonderful song by Cynthia Clawson. It is called Superwoman. The theme of the song is how busy this woman named Ruby is. She is like most of us and wears so many different hats and cares for so many people that when her shoes come off at the end of the day she just says, “Lord, I want to be a Ruby for you and feel your pleasure in all that I do.” She ends the day with the Lord. She puts her feet up and shuts out the rest of the world and listens to God speak to her.

God knows we are busy, and we need to take time each day to spend with Him. God works through us and we listen more intently when we are at rest. Taking time to rest and pray between our many activities will give us the energy and strength we need. When we take the time to rest and pray or stop, reflect and give thanks for God and His goodness and His continual presence, then peace and joy will be the attitude with which we will take on the next task. I think we might even sleep better!

So, Moms, have a blessed Mother’s Day. May we all get some rest. But more importantly, may we all rest in the Lord because when we rest in the Lord we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS I received a grade of A in my graduate class! It is my first A in graduate school.

PSS Please continue to pray for my cousin Tony and his wife Cherri. She needs all of our prayers. Thanks. gc

No comments: