Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Did you wear or wish for a sweater this morning? I know I did. I sort of compromised and wore slacks and a t-shirt with ¾ length sleeves. I even turned on the heater in the bathroom. These are not the actions of a typical Texan in the Month of May.

Tonight I bought a devotional book I have been looking at for the last couple of months. It is called “The Coffee Mom’s Devotional” by Celeste Palermo. I began drinking coffee about 10 years ago, but not on a regular basis. I became a serious coffee drinker while living at MD Anderson Hospital with Casey. There were many mornings I would repeat the routine I follow now. I would get up and go out to the family room and make the coffee and then go back and shower. By the time I was out of the shower the coffee was ready I would pour myself a cup and finish dressing and getting ready for the day.

I am a coffee drinker. I drink a coffee black without cream or sugar and sometimes I even add an espresso shot! Coffee drinkers take their coffee either black or with cream and sugar. Thanks to Starbucks, most people have a little bit of coffee with their cream, classic syrup, whipped cream and whatever else makes them happy.
Psalm 107: 8-9 “Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for man, for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.”

The devotion topic tonight was affirmation. There are too many times in my daily life that I get frustrated with events that occur when they do not happen as I need them to happen. When those events begin to pile up, the frustration really mounts. It is at those times when I try to remember to stop, take a breath and center myself on Jesus. I count my blessings and claim God’s Word and believe that God’s Word is truth.

I remember the passage from Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I set you apart.” God knew me before there was me. God knew I would be a mother. He knew I would be a teacher and He knew that I would finally stop fighting Him and become a seminary student. He also knew I would be a sinner and would fall short of His glory time after time. But He also knew that He would forgive me and that His grace would be enough to sustain when the things of this world would fall away. Ephesians 4:7 “But to each one of us grace has been given.” God’s grace is simply the ability to do what we can’t accomplish in our own strength.

Give thanks to God for His grace and the strength of truth in His Word. Satan can really go on the attack when we are experiencing frustrations. Remember we all live in the light of God’s love for each of us. Matthew 5:16 “Jesus tells us to let our light shine before men, that they may see our good deeds and PRAISE OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.” This single act will drive Satan crazy. When frustrations seem to pile up like the laundry, stop, take a breath and remember how much God loves each of us then count your blessings.

Take joy in the journey. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: