Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blessed Sunday!

I pray that today you were in worship somewhere and the fire of the Holy Spirit allowed you to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in truth and with praise.
Today, Bruce and I led and worshiped with two small congregations in Rockett and Palmer, Texas. These two lovely congregations are a delight with which to serve, worship and have fellowship.

Ephesians 4: 32 “And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven you.”

I am once again on the weight loss road. I am trying something new. It is a fairly restricted food plan, but it is really working as I have lost somewhere between 10 and 12 pounds. But today I continued to work on my final exam for the Book of Common Prayer. My usual practice when I write a major paper is to have a glass of my favorite Crystal Lite and a large bowl of popcorn. I really wanted popcorn all day long but I have resisted as popcorn is not on my approved list of things to eat. All throughout the afternoon I began to make little deals with myself that if I made and ate the popcorn tonight I would eat less tomorrow and walk more and other etc…and then I began to think along a different tack, if I ate popcorn I would be missing the mark.

When we choose to do what is wrong we miss the mark. But the good news is that God forgives us when we miss the mark and if we stay in prayer God will help us to not give in to temptation. Staying turned towards God when temptations are before us keeps us close to God and hopefully takes our minds off of the temptations and more on God. Fighting temptations is never easy, but we do have someone we can go to who will always help when we need it. It is now around 10:00 pm and I have still not had popcorn. Say a prayer for me and I will pray for all of you.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: