Saturday, December 12, 2009




Happy Saturday!

Today I met a friend from Brite at the TCU Bookstore to go over our notes for the ethics paper we both have due on Monday. While we were there, Grady Spears, owner and head chef of the Reata Restaurant in Fort Worth was there having a book signing and a tasting. I purchased a cookbook, he signed it and allowed me to have my picture taken with him. He is a delightful gentleman and seems very down to earth. He served these wonderful little cornbread BLT sliders with chipotle mayo. So yummy! I think I am going to recreate them for lunch tomorrow!

Geni lost her voice so I have been pressed into service to sing in her place during the Christmas cantata in the morning. She was to sing a duet with Bruce and have a solo part in the cantata. I have quickly learned two pieces and rehearsed with Bruce, orchestra and choir. The music is lovely. I ask you to pray for my voice as it is not in much better shape than Geni’s.

Isaiah 14:3 says “And it shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall give you rest from your sorrow and from your fear, and from the hard bondage where you were made to serve.”

Love and fear cannot live together. Love not grounded in the life of Jesus can be torn about by fear while the perfect love of God through Jesus casts out all fear. Perfect love that trusts in Christ is immediately the conqueror and fear is vanquished.

God is love. The only way to obtain this perfect love is to have more of Christ in our lives. We can only rid ourselves of fear by God’s presence in our lives and by calling on His Name. My devotion tonight says, “Fear of the future?--Jesus will be with us. Fear of poverty?—Jesus will provide.”

We must not let fear enter into our lives. When fear tries to enter, talk to God and love Him more and more. When we talk to God more His power becomes greater in us than the fear that is trying to rule our lives. As I recall there were these shepherds who were in the presence of some angels. The first words of the angels to those frightened shepherds were “Fear not! I bring good tidings of great joy. God is with you!”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Love you all and see you in worship, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: