Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Friday!

Prayer updates: all three of the friends we have been praying for from school this week are all okay! All tests and scans came back negative. Praise God! And Ashley, my team member came through surgery just fine and will be back in class on Monday. On behalf of these three wonderful, courageous women I give thanks for their health and well-being being restored and for all of your prayers. You are such mighty prayer warriors.

Psalm 118: 24 “This is the day which the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Remember when you were little and sang this song in Sunday School? You remember it was an echo song. It was also very upbeat and if you did not watch yourself, you would walk around singing this simple little chorus echoes and all! So tonight I write to all who have had cares and woes. Having cares and woes does not mean you don’t have faith, it just means that times are kind of hard right now and it is time for something to change. I think God sends us a sunrise gift when we read this verse. I have been awakened to this song on lots of Christian weekends and it always helps the day to begin with a little more pep in my step and a smile on my face.

God is the giver of every good and perfect gift. Perhaps when we rise and begin to think of the daily tasks ahead we could take joy in the day and use God’s strength to help us through the daily tasks. Then maybe those daily tasks won’t seem so ordinary. After all, there is nothing ordinary about a gift from God! Rejoice and be glad!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, a warm jacket and sing praises as you travel. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: