Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Monday!

Prayer alert! I have completed one of the case studies on my ethics final. Tonight I began reviewing the articles for the second case-study and hit a brick wall. I am meeting with a classmate tomorrow and hopefully the wall will crumble and I can write tomorrow night.

John 4:34 “Jesus said unto them, My meat(food) is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish His work.”

How appropriate this verse is for me tonight. I have something I need to finished.

Jesus said these words to His disciples. He was trying to explain the union between believers and the Father using the ordinary object of meat. Around our house meat is eaten at lunch and dinner. (Have you seen Travis?!) Our meals are balanced with meat and vegetables. Eating well balanced meals helps all of us to stay healthy and able to do the things to which we are called and are responsible. We eat balanced healthy meals to help sustain our bodies.

Jesus wasn’t talking about steaks and chops when He spoke to the Disciples. He was speaking about meat(food) that would sustain our souls. We live in a world where people are physically starving. We also live in a world where people have “soul-starvation.” Soul starvation happens when our spirits are not fed with the divine food given by God through Jesus. The meat on which we need to desire to feast is doing the will of God.

Desiring the will of God in our lives will feed our souls. Practicing a life in piety will allow us to dine on not just a balanced meal, but a heavenly banquet. A life of prayer, study, service, fellowship with other believers and a life lived in faith will fill our plates to overflowing and we will never go hungry. When we have been nourished at the hand of the Father and feasted at His table of grace then we will be prepared to serve in the kingdom.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Save your fork because the best is yet to come. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Prayers for Gaylene, Geni and Travis as we are all in the midst of end of semester finals and papers. Praise God that Bruce has work for a couple of weeks.

No comments: