Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Prayer and praise update. Our counselor, Marcie Stephan (one of the one I asked you to pray for) received a favorable report from the surgeon today. The tumor that was detected returned the result of being benign. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Please continue to pray for the other two for whom I have asked for prayers. I have not heard results from them yet. Thank you.

Also, please continue to pray for me as I continue on with the writing of my final paper for ethics. I have two thirds of it completed. It is my hope to complete the paper tomorrow night. Bruce and Travis are handling dinner so that I may get to work. The paper is due on Monday.

Song of Solomon 2:10 “My beloved spoke, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.”

I look so forward to my morning drive when I am alone in the car with God and my drive time devotion. I usually listen to the devotion about three times and stay quiet trying to remember all of the wonderful words I have heard and how I am going to apply them to my life on that day. Isn’t this an interesting passage of scripture? In this one verse passage, God is calling each of us to a quiet time with Him. God asks us to come away with Him. God desires intimacy with each of us through times of quiet listening and reflection. This quiet time with God is when we grow more into the knowledge of God. Sometimes God will ask us to sit silently and just be in His presence. This time of waiting can bring peace and comfort just being in each other’s presence.

The end of the day when I begin my Bible and devotional reading is a time I look forward to each day. I keep several devotional materials close by the computer and read different passages until I sense an idea forming that I would like to explore and on which to reflect. After reading this verse, I think that perhaps God is calling me to this time not just for reflection, but for a time of quiet intimacy with Himself. It is during these times that I feel the assurance of God’s love.

Having this quiet time each day allows me to talk in prayer or just sit and listen for God’s voice to either equip me for the day or cause quiet rest for the night.

Take joy in the journey simply means to bring God with you as you go through the day. Find a time during the day for some quiet moments with God.

So friends, take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, a warm jacket and sing a song of praise as you travel. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Bruce no longer works for UTS (the door company). It became official yesterday. I ask your prayers for the Toolbox (our home repair service) to begin to flourish once again. God has blessed us and we are at His mercy. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Peace, Gaylene

No comments: