Sunday, December 13, 2009

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Today was the Christmas Cantata. The music was so beautiful. The orchestra and singers really did a beautiful job. Thank you to all who participated.

THE PAPER IS FINISHED AND SENT TO DR. DAY! I AM FINISHED WITH ETHICS! When I began the ethics class I realized I was in way over my head. There were too many times that the professor announced the lecture topic, cleared her throat and that was the last I understood. I wanted to drop the class on more than one occasion. I thought this class was going to be impossible. The only thing that kept me from quitting was the knowledge that I would have to retake the class again at some point. (No Way!!) So I hung in there. I wrote the papers and wrote the final. All through the semester there were several of us who helped and supported each other through this difficult class. I had other believers (classmates) who were on the same path and we helped and supported each other along the way.

1 John 1:3 “That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that you also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son.”

Each night I sign off with the phrase “Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes.” Everyday is a journey with Christ. If we take Joy (a name of God) in our daily lives, we can have fullness of joy in each step we take for it is then that we allow Christ to plan and guide our steps and lead our journey. Did you hear that word ”fullness?” God doesn’t tell us we can only have some joy or a little or a lot. God tells us we can have fullness of joy. We can have Him, the Father, the Creator of all in fullness. We can have a God-guided life.

A God-guided life would assure a life without impossibilities. As scripture says, “Nothing is impossible with God.” I don’t mean to say that there will not be some tough times along the way, but I am assured that even when the times are tough and the road is rocky and full of pot holes that God will be with us. To walk with God and think anything is impossible would be a sin.

In this God-guided life we do not walk alone. God walks with us along with the other members of the family. We are given fellowship with Christ as we continue to open ourselves up to the leading of God through the Holy Spirit.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: