Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Tuesday!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! So the song says. Each morning for the last few weeks I have been listening to a new drive time devotion called, “Jesus Calling.” It is a series of daily devotions where the writer has devoted time each day to prayer, meditation on God’s Word and listening to revealing voice of God.

This particular day’s meditation is taken from the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10: 39-42. In this passage Martha becomes angry with Mary because Mary is spending time at the feet of Jesus instead of helping her in the kitchen. Jesus reminds Martha and says, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed, Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken from her.”

Martha needed to be reminded that devoting some time to Jesus each day is the most important thing we can do today and each day. When we take time to be with God and learn of Him then the remainder of the day usually falls into place. Even if difficult times come our way, our time with God equips us to face whatever the task or the situation. God blesses us in our time with Him by His presence throughout the day. His presence will not be taken from us. Enjoy the meditation from Jesus Calling…

Relax in My healing presence as you spend time with Me.
Your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today’s plans and problems.
Bring your mind back to me for refreshment and renewal.
Let the light of my presence soak into you as you focus your thoughts on Me.
Thus, I equip you to face whatever the day brings.
This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you.
Do not skimp on our time together.
Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done.
You have chosen what is better and it will not be taken from you.
Father, let us learn from Mary so that we may learn of You.

Take joy in the journey and wear comfortable shoes. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: