Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Saturday! Wow! It was so hot today! I hope this writing finds you some place cool with something cold to drink.

Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, Am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake, and remembers your sins no more.”

Do you want to know how much God loves us? God loves us so much that He sent His Son, Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. I know you already knew that. But tonight I was reading a devotion written by Max Lucado. He shares this scripture and speaks of the cross as being a finished work. God loves us so much that He not only wants to share our earthly lives with us, but our eternal lives as well. Since nothing imperfect can live in the Kingdom of Heaven then we must be forgiven here on earth by the radically, extravagant, eternal grace of the One who knows us best and loves us most.

Tonight I wanted to try a new recipe. We went to the store to buy the ingredients. When I got home I discovered that I had forgotten to buy a very key ingredient. The recipe and our dinner could not be finished until that final ingredient arrived. (thank you, Travis!) The dish was now complete.

We humans usually do not deal well with things that are incomplete. We like a finished product. When something is missing it usually nags at our minds until we complete the task or creation. Our lives without a daily walk with Christ are like my recipe without the missing ingredient. And in this case no substitutions would suffice. There is nothing on this side of heaven that can make us complete except the loving, perfect grace of God. God loves us so much that He was willing to sacrifice His own Son for our sins. That sacrifice was so complete that He, the Father of all creation, the Lord of Hosts and King of Kings is willing not only to forgive our sins, but to blot them from His memory and remember them no more. Friends, that is the most powerful love of which I know.

Sometime today find a moment to give thanks to God for His wonderful grace. Thank Him for filling the emptiness and making us complete. Being complete does not mean we are perfect, but it does mean we are forgiven. Take joy in the journey and find some shade. See you in worship. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: