Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Thursday! I pray this writing finds all of you well and in some place where there is cool air. I got up early this morning to work in the yard. Remember I am a novice gardener. Yesterday I purchased some begonias to plant around the Casey Tree. Bruce had noticed that the plants I had lining the sidewalk were turning brown rapidly. Now, I am faithful to water the plants, but they were still not thriving. Bruce’s observation was that the sidewalk in this 100 degree weather was too hot for the plants and was causing their unfortunate demise.

Ecclesiastes 4:9 “Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts.”

I was willing to let the plants stay there on the sidewalk, but Bruce had noticed the heat from the sidewalk on his own feet and thought that might be what was causing the plants to die no matter how I was caring for them. Even though the planting and watering is primarily my project I was so glad for Bruce’s input. The result is that I have moved all of the plants from the sidewalk to the lawn area in front of the porch. We will see if this combined effort produces a good reward.
God never intended for any of us to go through this life alone. God came into relationship with us through Jesus. And God expects us to continue that same relationship through Jesus, by being in relationship with His people.

Our friendships are vital to our spiritual, mental and emotional well-being. Besides daily prayer and interaction with Bruce and the kids, I have fellowship prayer weekly with the Burton Hill Fellowship group and group prayer with the Praise Team at rehearsal each week. I treasure these times of fellowship with our family as well as the singing at Praise Team rehearsal and the Burton Hill Fellowship. Being a part of these groups has allowed me the privilege of building relationships based on Christ’s love in each of our lives. Even though there are times when I am really tired and would just like to stay at home and vegetate in front of the TV, I remember how much better I feel when I have met with God’s people and discover a renewed energy that wasn’t there before. (There are even times when I think I am too tired or it is too late to have nightly devotion and write this entry!) But then I realize that something is my day is missing and I must read a passage of scripture and ask God for the message He wishes me to have for that particular passage. And then I write.

So friends, take time to be in relationship with your families and the rest of God’s people in your lives. The road is not near as long and rocky when you have God’s people surrounding you with encouragement, support and Christ-like love.

Love you all so very much. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: