Friday, August 8, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF  Today God is First All is well here at 811. Update on the job search…As the housekeeper said on Mary Poppins, “The position has been field.”  I am still putting in applications and have hope. 

Dear God, when I trust and obey you, the way is clear to me.  Help me Lord to be obedient. Speak clearly to me Lord so that I may hear your will and follow your plan for my life. Help me Lord to listen and love as I participate in the Kairos Prison Ministry as their chaplain. May I speak your word, pray with all my heart and lead in worship as you would have me do. Thank you Lord for this opportunity to serve. Tonight I ask a special blessing on Bruce as he works to complete the make ready in our house. I thank you for him and all you have done for him. Keep him strong Lord. I love you Lord, in Jesus’ name, Amen.

“Obedience is the shortest distance to who God is, the quickest way to know His presence in your life.”  That was the opening sentence of my meditation tonight. As adults we do not always like it when we are called on to be obedient. But when we act in obedience to God we are showing God our love and trust in him. When we listen and act in obedience to God’s Word we live in safety, peace and without fear. (Prov. 1: 33) Listening and acting on God’s will for our life is the way to wisdom. When we listen and are in tune with the Presence of God in our lives we have a better chance of hearing His Word accurately and consistently.

I think the ways in which we hear God’s word in through prayer; a conversation with God, through reading God’s Word in scripture, in worship when we hear the Word preached and being around those who believe in God through faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Practicing hearing God’s voice is a discipline of our ears and thinking and of our hearts. The more we are in tune with God the more we are convinced of His love for us and the more motivated we are to listen. God has deep abiding and unfailing love for each of us as we know Him as Jesus, our Lord and Savior.  So my friends the Kairos motto is, “Listen. Listen. Love. Love.”  Let us look and listen through the eyes of faith and we will seek obedience and find peace.

“All who listen to me shall live in peace and safety, unafraid.”
Proverbs 1: 33
Because you listen to those rules and keep and do them, the Lord your God will keep with you the covenant and the steadfast love that he swore to your fathers.”
Deuteronomy 7: 12
Take joy in the journey praying as you go. Listen. Listen. Love. Love. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene


No comments: