Thursday, August 7, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  All is well here at 811. I have a prayer request. I attempted to apply for a PRN Chaplain position this evening for which I meet all of the qualifications. Many of the requirements state a minimum of three years’ experience in a hospital or other facility in pastoral care. This position did not ask for experience beyond the completion of CPE, to be ordained or  in the ordination process or  and achieved an M.Div. Problem:  their website was uncooperative so tomorrow I will call the chaplain’s office and see if there is a way to apply and get an interview.  Wish me luck and say a prayer.

Dear God, Thank you for the ever-expanding glory of who you are to me. Give me an undivided heart to love and obey you. May nothing ever come between us, but help me to honor you with my life.  Lord, help me keep trying. Lord, keep your face in front of me so that I will always see you. Walk beside me so that we can talk along the way. Walk behind me and encourage me and stay close enough so that when I stumble you are there to catch me. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Before going to Alaska my vision of the beauty of our country was very limited. After going to Alaska my eyes could almost not take it all in.  The Pacific Northwest was absolutely beautiful with its tall trees, majestic mountains, beautiful waterfalls, the expanse of the ocean and so much more.  And in the seven days we were gone I am sure we only scratched the surface. I want to go back and walk slow to take more of this beautiful country.

I know I did not see all of the glory that this area had to offer. Similarly, there is more to God than we will ever know or understand until we are eternally with Him and see His face shining in glory at all times. God has known me perfectly forever, but beyond what we know or understand about God there is great majesty and unspeakable glory and immeasurable love. Just like I could only imagine Alaska through pictures and the eyes of those who have gone before me God is beyond my perceptions and understanding, because beyond what I can only glimpse of God; is God.    

“Now we see a dim reflection, as if we were looking into a mirror, but then we shall see clearly. Now I know only a part, but then I will know fully, as God has known me.”
1 Corinthians 13: 12

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and try to take in the expanse of the immeasurable love of God.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: