Wednesday, August 6, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Wednesday!  All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, Teach me God to call out to you for help and strength rather than yield to temptation. And thank you for forgiving me when I mess up. You are the God of instant help. Thank you for coming to me any time and every time and all I have to do is ask.  Lord, when I feel I have failed even though so small there are times I let Satan discourage and I want to shut down. I ask for your help to look to you and assured that you have a plan and a place and a future for me.  Let me feel your embrace and encouragement to continue the journey you have set before me.  I love you Lord, in Jesus name, amen.

Yesterday I placed a phone call to a hospice center concerning a possible position as a chaplain.  The director was in a meeting so I left a message with her assistant with the assurance of a return phone call. She did not return the call so I place a second phone call today. The director was not at her desk, but her assistant told me there was not a position available. I was told to go to the website and place an application as that is the procedure.  I became a little discouraged. Things were a bit different when I was applying for jobs 30 plus years ago!

The enemy’s goal is to tempt us to walk away from all we know is right and true about God and our relationship with Him. If Satan can place even the smallest piece of doubt within us it can lead to a spiritual melt down and to stumble in our spiritual lives.  When I began to feel discouraged over this brief disappointment I should have immediately turned to God and said, “Ok Lord. Lead me somewhere else.” But I let this small delay get under my skin.  I began to doubt. When I begin to doubt and forget to turn to God first I am blocking God’s power to work through me.  So, after a while I began to pray for God to help me in His time and forgive me for letting Satan plant thoughts of being unworthy in my head.  I know better than to let the accusations of the enemy keep me from experiencing God’s love, forgiveness, leading and encouragement. 

Bruce always says that when we are getting really close to the target that the enemy comes really close.  Satan may want me to fail, but God will lift me soul and set me back on the path of confidence and hope.  God is good and love wins. 

“Everytime I’m in trouble I call on you, confident that you’ll answer.”
Psalm 86: 7

Take joy in the journey praying as you go and calling on God when you stumble. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: