Sunday, May 11, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday and Happy Mother’s Day to all.  All is well here at 811. It was a wonderful Mother’s Day. Bruce, Geni and Cody took me to Blue Mesa for a delicious brunch/lunch.  We had a wonderful time.  Thank  you family!

Dear God, Thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you for giving me the gift of being a mother to the most wonderful children. Yes, Lord, there are times my heart is sad as I miss Casey and my Mom. But Lord, I know they are with you for all eternity.  They spend every moment of their time in your presence. I know they are safe and loved in your tender care. I love you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

If I could have the time to do a singular study on a topic of scripture it would be a study of the unnamed women in the bible. They are courageous, bold and incredibly faithful. The woman with the issue of blood is a great example of one of these women. She had been ill for ten years and had exhausted her finances. She heard about Jesus and believed in faith that if she could just touch the hem of his garment she would be healed. So this woman pushed her way through the crowd and in faith touched the hem of Jesus’ tunic. The story goes that she was immediately healed. She did this courageous act from the midst of a crowd. I wonder if she thought that if she stayed in the crowd and quickly touched him and sped away hoping Jesus would not notice. So I have often wondered how Jesus knew someone had touched him with the crowd pressing all around. I think that she touched in in faith. When she touched him in faith the power of Jesus was released. She was healed and she found peace. She believed not just in Jesus as a healer, but in Jesus alone.

This woman’s time with Jesus lasted but a moment, but it was a moment that redefined her forever. I don’t know whether this woman told anyone else of her miraculous healing of if she simply pondered this encounter in her heart. When we encounter Jesus we have all the time we would desire to spend with Him. Let us spend the time with Jesus in prayer, study of His Word, learning to know him and helping others to know Him too. My we be so bold and courageous as this woman allow God to give rest to whatever troubles our hearts. God is good and love wins! 

“Your faith has made you well; go in peace.”
Luke 8: 48
Only God gives inward peace and I depend on Him.”
Psalm 62: 5

Take joy in the journey and spend time with Jesus. Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: