Saturday, May 17, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811. Bruce went to the prison today and I participated in an ordination service for one of my friends from Brite. Sarah and Travis celebrated their first anniversary. It has been quite a day! I was a part of a quartet that sang the introit to the service. The newest Disciple’s pastor is Rev. Amber Churchhill from Midway Hill Christian Church in Dallas. It was a wonderful service supported by so many clergy, family and friends. It was great to see so many friends from Brite. What a wonderful way to spend the day. I ask you all to pray for this fine young pastor and the ministry to which she has been called.

Dear Jesus, thank you for praying for me. I know I can make it through anything with your as my defender and constant friend. Lord, thank you for renewing me each day through the forgiveness of my sins. I cling to your love and rejoice in your wonderful mercy. Lord, I ask a special prayer for Rev. Amber as she begins a new journey as your called and set apart representative of Christ’s church. Help her when her spirit is broken and when her heart is filled with joy. Give her courage  when she faces tough decisions.  Pray for her Lord Jesus and let us join our prayers with yours. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

My meditation explains sifting as referred in the Luke passage, “Sifting—the shaking of wheat until it separates. You know what it is like—to be strained to the point that everything falls apart.”

I love to pray. And lately I have done a great deal of praying. But as I have prayed in the last few days I have not asked for intercessory prayer.  Each of us has gone through times where we have been strained to the point that everything falls apart. “When there’s nothing left to do, but just depend on You and the power of your name.” We have an intercessor who defends and walks with us daily. Our intercessor is Jesus. Can we even begin to imagine the power of the prayers of Jesus as He prays to God the Father? When we pray and ask Jesus to pray for us we are standing on Holy ground and it is time most sacred.  When Jesus intercedes for us we become intimately at one with Christ.  It almost takes my breath away to know that God the Son prays for me to the Creator of all. My friends when our faith appears to be failing let us remember to ask Jesus to intercede for us and our faith will not fail but remain hopeful.  God is good and love wins!

“Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail.”
Luke 22: 31-32
“Holy Father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they will be one, just as you and I are one.”
John 17: 11

Take joy in the journey asking Jesus to pray for you and me as we walk this journey together. Wear comfortable shoes and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: