Tuesday, May 13, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. Who knew I would be looking for a sweater in the middle of May. And it looks as if I am going to need one tomorrow. Welcome to Texas.

Dear God, There are times in the busyness of the day that events move so quickly that I do not take a few moments to spend time with you. I rise early and I rest late. Thank you for the times when I am still before you. It is in those times that You fill me with your peace and strength and I praise your name. I especially thank You for these times of quiet because when I have so much on my mind or I am confused or anxious, that you are there waiting to comfort and guide me. Your voice gives me clarity and continuously tells me to continue on; that all of these life events are things that are but for a season and they too shall pass. I love you Lord and give you thanks. In Jesus name, amen.

I cannot imagine living the life I am currently living without a relationship with God. God provides an endless storehouse of peace and strength from which we can always draw. Complete faith in God means that we drop our concerns, worries, doubts and fears and abandon our right to pick them up.   In order to do that, we must find time to relax and be still before our savior believing that God can handle all we bring before Him. It is in this stillness before God that we find protection when things are upside down. It is in this time of quiet listening that we are taught patience and endurance for any and everything that comes our way. God is good and love wins!

“God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken, and mountains fall into the ocean depths.”
Psalm 46: 1-2
“Call on me when you are in trouble; and I will rescue you, and your will give me glory.”
Psalm 50: 15
Take joy in the journey and while you walk “Have a little talk with Jesus.” Wear comfortable shoes, get some sleep and think pink. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: