Saturday, May 10, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday!  All is well here at 811.  It has been a weekend of birthday celebrations.  Our dear pastor friend, Rev. Deb. McCann celebrated her birthday last evening and tonight we celebrated Cody’s birthday (Geni’s bofriend) .  The weekend has been one of joy and gladness spent with friends and family.

Dear God, my mind cannot comprehend you, but my heart trusts you. Thank you for your perfect perspective. I am grateful my future is secure in you. Each day Lord, I have the opportunity to choose to be discouraged or to choose hope. Lord, may I meditate on You and ask the Holy spirit to take away the clouds of being discouraged and replace them with the sunshine of hope. Lord, let me not dwell on the challenges of the day allowing them to overshadow my attitude. Lord, teach me to focus on you no matter what.  Lord, I place my hope in you because you are God and your wisdom for my life can be trusted.  I love and trust you Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

There are a couple of movies about the existence of God that are out right now. I have not seen either movie, but I happen to believe God exists. I believe and trust in scripture that says that before there was time, earth and folks on the planet there was God. God was infinitely in our past, eternally in our future and is present with us each day.  Now that is a lot to take in. We are not equipped to think in things eternal because we think of things in a far more linear way. For the most part we look at things that have a beginning and an end. Example…I will begin to receive radiation treatments this Thursday and six and a half weeks later they will be over. But attempting to comprehend God having a beginning and never having an ending is a lot to take in. For me all I can do is accept on faith that God exists beyond the spans of time we have created in years, days and hours.  Because God has always been and knows us so perfectly, He knows our past, our present and our future here on earth and in heaven.  So in the morning my friends let us choose hope each day believing not only that God exists and how God has loved and will continue to love us for all eternity.  God is good and love wins!

“This is God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.”
Psalm 48: 14

Take joy in the journey  choosing hope along the way. Wear comfortable shoes, remember your Mom, get some sleep and think pink!  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: