Tuesday, May 6, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811.

Dear God, I am rich in love and comfort, and my heart is full to the brim. I praise you and thank you for all you have given me. Lord, as I approach the time of radiation therapy I pray that you will reign sovereign and be present during prep and each treatment. You have been with me during surgery recovery and I trust you will remain. Help me to step into this phase in faith and not fear. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

I love the Old Testament stories. I think my favorite part of these sacred ancient texts are these words, “The Lord your God…” and then comes some verb that tells what God has done. I especially love the powerful stories of faith surround the Exodus; the parting of the Red Sea and the crossing of the Jordan after the 40 year journey across the desert. When the Hebrews arrived on the banks of the Jordan Joshua sat them all down and recounted their story and God’s faithfulness throughout their journey. God did not promise them an easy time, but always remained with them providing what they needed when they needed it. The Hebrew nation that crossed the Jordan was not the same nation that began the journey. They carried the Ark of the Covenant with them as a sign of God’s presence with them. Joshua and Caleb were the only two who began that long walk. Crossing the Jordan held the memory of when God helped them cross the Red Sea and escape Egypt. This mysterious phenomenon gave the Hebrew nation the courage to move forward. It was that same God who caused the water to stop flowing until this new Hebrew nation to cross the Jordan into the Promised Land. Once again they went forward in faith and courage. They stepped into the water and stepped out on their faith into a new land and new lives.

When God asks us to step out on our faith we need to remember times in the past that God has helped us. We need to remember His faithfulness and walk forward in courage and faith trusting that God is present with us. Whatever we face today; whatever the challenges are; let us remember the times God has parted the waters for us and led us safely through to the other side. God is good and love wins.

“As soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river’s edge, the water above that point began backing up.”
Joshua 3: 15-16
“The Lord your God caused the water to stop flowing until you finished crossing it, just as the Lord did to the Red Sea…The Lord did this so all people would know he as great power.”
Joshua 4: 23-24

Take joy in the journey and face challenges face to faith! Wear comfortable shoes because sometimes the walk is really long. Get some sleep and think pink! Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: