Saturday, March 1, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Saturday! All is well here at 811.

Dear God, It is so hard to give up control. There are so many times it is hard to know what to do in situations we face. Sometimes Lord, I get so caught up in my own little world that I lose my direction and I become resistant to your leading or I just don’t hear what you have to say. Forgive my resistance and thank you for your gentleness that helps me through these moments and times when I don’t see your face.  I praise you for your peace and goodness, comfort, grace wisdom and most of all I am thankful that you are God.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

God’s mercy and compassion are cause for praise. God rules heaven and earth. God cares for each of us knowing our deepest hopes, dreams, wants and needs. This is the heart of God and the grace that we are afforded out of His unfailing love for us.  There are those of us who are accustomed to being self-sufficient and figure out most of the issues in our lives and in the lives of others. We are usually thinking in the present and in the future.  I think God sometimes allows us to reach the end of our resources so we will turn to Him and seek His guiding hand and tender compassionate mercy. So my friends let us begin again. We do not have to know all the answers all the time. But we do have sources available to help us; read scripture, prayer and listening for God’s guidance.  God is good and love wins!

“The LORD look upon you with favor and give you peace.”
Numbers 6: 26
“Make Your ways known to me, LORD; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; I wait for you all day long.”
Psalm 25: 4-5

Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope, prayer and praise do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene 

No comments: