Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Tuesday!  All is well here at 811. 

Dear God, please increase my love for you and for others so that people will know that I truly belong to you. Lord, move in me, that I may see life from your point of view.  May my soul listen to your Spirit in all things. Make me each day more aware of your presence. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

How do people know we are Christians?  Do others see us with our crosses on chains around our necks? Are we carrying bags with studded crosses across the front or sporting tattoos (I love your tattoos Geni and Travis) or walking aAround in western boots with crosses embossed on them? (I really would like a pair of those being a western boot fan.) You know what we wear and how we look really do not say what is in our heart? The defining factor in identifying a Christian is how they express their love.

So my friends, how do we express our love?  Expressing our love does not mean we walk around trying to be what we deem as perfect through rules and ritual.   When we love God we love out of care and respect for God and others allowing God’s love to flow through us and humbly love others desiring what is best for them. John 13: 34 “I love you a new commandment:  love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another.” 

“By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13: 35

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope, prayer, faith and love will not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes, put an extra blanket on the bed tonight and get some sleep.  Continue to pray for Carme’s family. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: