Thursday, February 27, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Thursday!  Generally all is well her at 811. Bruce continues to work very hard rehab and combined with the trip to San Antonio has really exhausted him. I would ask for prayers for him to get the rest he needs and for the fatigue to begin to lessen. Thank you.

Dear God, Thank you for being the skilled architect of my dreams and that my opportunity to build is just ahead.  I know that at the heart of every problem is a problem of the heart and that You are there to be sovereign over all I am, all I do and all I have. Please restore Bruce’s energy and give him the strength to continue to heal and be restored by your healing grace, his faithfulness and your kind and tender mercies. Make my heart a pure and welcoming place where you dwell and myself and others find a place of comfort. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

“Do you have a dream…? Everybody has a dream.”  (The opening lines of Pretty Woman) Dreams are the passions of our hearts that fill our souls with a future that we desire.  Our dreams are not realized out of thin air, but are realized from hard work, time and laying a strong foundation. Sometimes laying a foundation takes a long time and great care so that it is solid without cracks. When the foundation is complete then the building begins. I am in the place of rebuilding once again. I still have many lessons to learn and when God opens the door for me to pursue the aspirations of my calling into ministry I know I will be filled with delight.  But I take joy that my foundation of faith has been laid and it is a strong solid foundation capable of weathering many storms. It is on that foundation of God’s grace and hope that I place my faith. God will be with me as I continue to study, learn, listen, and open the doorway of my heart letting God enter and pray each step of the way. Walk with me friends.

“When the builders had finished laying the foundation of the temple, the priests put on their robes and blew trumpets in honor of the LORD.”
Ezra 3: 10
“They took turns singing: ‘The LORD is good! His faithful love for Israel will last forever.’ Everyone started shouting and praising the LORD because work on the foundation of the temple had begun.”
Ezra 3: 11
Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope, and prayer never disappoint.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart mind soul and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: