Friday, February 28, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
TGIF! Today God is first!! All is well here at 811.  It was such a gorgeous day!!!

God I want to love you for who you are—even though my motivation is sometimes misplaced. Help me to know you and love you more each day. I can endure present problems because I know that your plan will be fulfilled and that I will see your wonderful glory.  I pray to walk purposefully with You.  Get my worldly self out of the way so that You may direct me one step at a time.  I pray to remain thankful each step of the way with a grateful heart.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

The opening sentence of my devotion tonight is “Do you love God for what He does or Who He is?”  Do we worship God to get what we want or because we stand in grace-filled awe of being in the presence of God?  I think God is a bit like us in that God wants to be loved for being God; for being who He is. The writer of my meditation tonight describes God using words such as; astoundingly imaginative, unwaveringly kind, steadfast, holy, completely powerful and wise.  Those are very powerful words to describe an indescribable God. And yet the God we serve and love, with all of these qualities desires most of all to have relationship with us so that we may experience His unconditional love. I will be the first to admit that I am needy before God, but I must also claim with all of my needy being that I am not complete without God. In my prayer time I have begun to pray and give thanks for every blessing and every need met and I also practice praise of the everlasting God of unconditional love.

“Who is this great king? He is the LORD, strong and mighty; the LORD; victorious in battle.”
Psalm 24: 8
“The earth is the LORD’S and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.”
Psalm 24:1

Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope, trust and prayer do not disappoint. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: