Sunday, March 2, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Blessed Sunday to you all!  All is well here at 811. This wonderful old house is a bit drafty, but we have gas heaters and we are staying warm and with someone I love.  My prayer for all of you is that you too are warm and with someone you love. 

Dear God, thank you that impossible situations are your specialty and that nothing is too hard for you. I count on your wonderful faithfulness.  I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

The compassions of the Lord fail not for great is God’s faithfulness.  I am assured of this because my blessing reservoir is full to the brim.  It is because of these blessings that I am able to patiently wait for answers to prayers because I have entrusted all of my prayers, family, friends, dreams and desires into the care and keeping of God.  Garth Brooks sings a song about thanking God for unanswered prayers. I don’t think I agree with that piece of theology.  God is not a God to overlook even one of our prayers.  God loves us so very much. His love has no limits and is filled with compassion.  Even if we have prayers not yet answered by God we can trust in the great faithfulness of God and God’s perfect timing.  Another of God’s unfailing promises is God’s promise of peace.  This is the peace that passes all understanding replacing the troubles and fears we carry around.  My meditations offers tonight something I had never thought of before…while we are waiting for our prayers to be answered, God waits on us too. God waits until we are ready to receive the blessings, gifts and graces that have been prepared for each of us.  Perhaps that is the part where we get out of the way and making room for God to work in us and bless us. Waiting is pretty hard for us here on earth, but it sounds to me like waiting and preparing our hearts to receive God’s blessings are worth the wait.  God is good and love wins!

“Because of the LORD’S great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3: 22-24

Take joy in the journey remembering that hope and God’s unfailing love never disappoints. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Wear comfortable shoes, throw two extra blankets on the bed and get some sleep. Dress warm and be safe going to work tomorrow. Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: