Monday, March 3, 2014


Greetings from Austin Street
Happy Monday!  BRRRR!!! To quote Bruce, “I am ready for this cold weather to end.”  Other than that al is well here at 811. 

Dear God, I do want to honor you. Examine me Lord, reveal the deep needs within me so that I can love you with my life. I thank you that even the inconceivable things are possible with you. Lord I enjoy your companionship. Help me Lord to hear your voice and receive your promises. Make sure I am fit inside and out so I never lose sight of your love and keep walking right beside you. I love you Lord. In Jesus name, amen.

This morning since I did not go to school I had a wonderful quiet time. The meditation was thoughtful, but the referenced scripture verse has been on my heart and mind all day. 

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.  Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope, when you were called—one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”
Ephesians 4: 1-6

This letter of the apostle Paul offers instruction to all who are called to serve.  These instructions require that Christ dwell in our hearts and that all that are called to serve understand the extent of God’s work with Christ in our hearts.  With Christ in our hearts we are never apart from God and that putting the love of God into practice promotes Christian unity demanding that the Church reflect the love of God as found in Christ Jesus.  God wants us to live in ways that bring Him glory and give us pleasure. Delighting in the Lord needs to be our most joyful activity. There are many beautiful things in this world created by our loving and creative God, but God’s love outshines even this grand creation. This scripture passage spoke to me today and I am praying for the Holy Spirit to teach me its deeper meanings.  Be in prayer with me and I will be in prayer for you.

“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3: 17

Take joy in the journey remembering that faith, hope, prayer and praise do not disappoint.  Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you the meanings of God’s Word. Wear comfortable shoes, throw two extra blankets on the bed tonight and get some sleep.  Love you all, Bruce and Gaylene

No comments: